Monday, January 30, 2012

Devastating Crash in Florida on I-75

After having a rather eventful weekend in Tampa for the Gasparilla celebration, I had a friend visiting from Atlanta and he left bright and early Sunday morning around 10 a.m. to head back home. After speaking to him again at 4 p.m., I was baffled to find out he was not only still in Florida, he had just passed Gainesville in a very confusing detour off I-75 through side roads, then eventually back on the interstate. My curiosity got me wondering and I began scouring Google to find out what the holdup was. Then I saw the pictures…
One of the most horrible things that can happen on a highway happened early yesterday morning. Living in Florida, and more importantly Gainesville for many years, the crash hits very close to home. The wreck happened after a long line of cars and trucks collided before dawn Sunday on a stretch of Interstate 75 south of Gainesville. The highway was closed Saturday night because of blinding fog and smoke that caused a three-way crash, and then reopened before the chain collisions started around 3:45 a.m. Never have I seen anything quite like the photos. At least a dozen cars and six tractor-trailers were involved, and some burst into flames. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families of these crash victims.

Read the story here:


http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/jan/30/1/i-75-pileup-witness-it-looked-like-the-end-of-the--ar-352882/

No comments:

Post a Comment